Welcome to my blog. This blog is an uncut, raw account of the trials and tribulations of my struggles in my weight loss journey. It is my hope to inspire the people reading this blog, create awareness, hold myself accountable, brag, bitch, laugh and cry. I am a recovering food addict and couch potato. I would live on ice cream and reality television if I could. Please feel free to learn from my mistakes.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Update

As you may recall from a previous post, I vowed to start tracking what I eat, take pictures of myself through the process and measure myself. I have just completed my first week and I have stuck to all my resolutions. I have to say that weighing in on Sunday sucks. I spent Saturday night sitting around because I did not want to go out and ruin all my hard work for the week. Next Sunday I will be in Colorado Springs so I will not be able to weigh in (more on the trip in a minute). The results of tracking, weighing in on Sunday and taking pictures of myself have been good. I am down 6.6 pounds and 4.5 inches overall. This is the result that I was hoping for. My first mini goal is approximately 6.4 pounds away. I would like to get to this weight by summer. The real summer, not the one we are currently experiencing :).

I have a rough few weeks ahead of me weight loss wise. My last day at Wausau Manor was on Friday and I do not start at the new facility until April 11th. As you all know, I thrive on routine. I also do not do well sitting around the house. I have already went grocery shopping for this week and I didn't buy anything that would lead my astray. On Thursday, March 29th I will be flying out to Colorado Springs to visit my good friend Brionne. I will be there until Monday (I arrive back in Wausau on Monday night). When I am away from home I tend to eat more and this concerns me. Of course, I want to try the local stuff but I need to make sure that I do not go overboard. I did well when we went on the cruise a year ago. I think I gained about 2-3 pounds which I didn't think was bad since I was surrounded by buffets and food everywhere. I really need to tell myself that the reward is the time with my good friend and seeing a new place. I need to listen to my body and eat when I am hungry. And if that were easy for me I wouldn't overweight :). I plan to stay on track throughout the week and workout Sunday (done)-Thursday to help counter any treats that I might have while I am out there. I will let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment